This week between Christmas and New Year's is a time to reflect, looking both back and forward. But given what we have all endured over the past 20+ months, lets skip the looking back piece and wholly embrace the looking forward piece!
The good news is that 'fresh starts' like the beginning of a year, or a new month, or a new semester have been proven to strongly correlate with meaningful and sustainable changes (Check out Katie and Jason's landmark work on Fresh Starts).
The Outcomes Standardization Project leveraged the fresh start effect at the beginning of 2021 with the peer-reviewed publication of Outcomes Standardisation Project (OSP) for Continuing Medical Education (CE/CME) Professionals: Background, Methods, and Initial Terms and Definitions manuscript and the initial launch of the Leveraging the Outcomes Standardization Project (OSP) in Your Organization guided activity - adding critical insights directly from the OSP authors.
Moving into 2022, the OSP Steering Team hopes to take advantage of the fresh start yet again to launch additional advocacy and outreach efforts. These efforts will include:
- The relaunch of the OSP blog: Members of the OSP Steering Team and additional volunteers are committed to authoring original outcomes-related content and sharing/redistributing content we have collated and reviewed (i.e., Measuring Learners Belief Through Confidence-based Assessment - ALMANAC)!
- Advancing outcomes-related conversations through the OSP LinkedIn Group - here the OSP Steering Team and the community of volunteers can engage, answer questions, and share research ideas throughout the year
- The OSP Steering Team remains in conversations with the Alliance (ACEhp) leadership in support of thier goal to collate professional taxonomies - stay tuned for updates as they become available.
- The OSP Steering Team is currently in conversations with many of the Alliance Member Sections with the goal of scheduling focused time/opportunities to answer any questions that the Member Sections may have - stay tuned for updates as they become available.
- Finally, members of the OSP Steering team are working with individual organizations throughout the community to provide updates, answer questions, and even develop strategies that help supporters and providers successfully leverage the OSP standardization efforts. If you, or your organization, have any questions or want to schedule a OSP working session, please reach out through the CONTACT FORM or my emailing the OSP: [email protected]
Our ask from the community is to share this post with colleagues and join us in this conversation, and here's hoping that you can find your own Fresh Start as 2022 begins!